The Government of Ghana through the Ministry of Communications(MoC) established a regulatory and industry task force named the Digital Broadcasting Migration Committee (DBMC).
The Task force comprises of representatives from:
- Ministry of Communications
- National Communications Authority (NCA)
- Ministry of Finance & Economic Planning
- Ghana Broadcasting Corporation (GBC) and the
- Ghana Independent Broadcasters Association (GIBA)
- National Media Commission
- Ghana Institution of Engineers
- and Technical Experts
The terms of reference of the Task Force includes:
Determine the spectrum to be made available for digital broadcasting in Ghana.
Determine strategies on the use of spectrum for digital broadcasting services.
Make recommendations on spectrum pricing for digital broadcasting services Recommend appropriate standards for digital broadcasting services.
Identify technical issues to be addressed with neighbouring countries to ensure harmonious spectrum usage.
Consider free-to-air vs free access vs subscription digital broadcasting systems.
Consider the role that satellite broadcasting should play in the Ghanaian digital broadcasting landscape.